Saturday, September 26, 2009

The 32cm Ice Cream Cone

I'm not the type of person who's up for a food challenge. However, last night, I did take up a food challenge. I didn't succeed, but I gave it a go.

My friends and I had dinner at Chinatown and to burn off the kilojoules, we decided to walk along George Street. There, we saw this store:



As the curious little buggers we are, we entered the store. Then we glanced over to the sign that said:



This is good value of the century! I was amazed, $2.90 for a 32cm ice cream cone. It comes in three flavours - strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. They also do double flavours as well.

I felt like a giddy schoolgirl when I got my strawberry and chocolate ice cream. Here's the pic:

We marvelled the photos of prior customers who have taken on this challenge. I couldn't believe I was holding a 32 cm ice cream. A bit longer than the 30 cm plastic rulers I use to bring to school. The shop assistant was amused we'd taken the ice cream cone photo shoot.

On the streets, I saw a lot of by-passers raise an eyebrow or asking their friends, "Where did they get that?" It was difficult navigating the 32cm ice cream cone in Sydney CBD on a Friday night. I should add this ice cream melts fast. Really fast.

At the end, I couldn't finish the ice cream. But, I believe $2.90 for a huge ice cream cone was a bargain.

It's definitely worth a go. Even if it is a novelty.

Happy reading,
5ft0.

4 comments:

frockandrollonline.com said...

Oh my goodness, wow! That ice-cream looks delicious, and what a great price! I'm definitely going to have to try one.

Alex. said...

I AM GOING THERE!!!!!!!

I *must* have one!

Thank god you alerted me to this. I'm so excited!

Five Foot Nothing said...

Girls, the address to this fabulous store is:

Korea Mart
630 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000

It's opposite to the "Three Wise Monkeys" bar.

Alex. said...

Oh! I know where that is :) Yay, thanks!

Five Foot Nothing © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!